Monday, August 3, 2009

What kind of mouthpiece should I use for a bugle horn?

I just bought a bugle horn but it came with out a mouthpiece and unfortunatly I can't find any such thing as a bugle horn mouthpiece! Should I use a trumpet mouthpiece or maybe a flugelhorn mouthpiece?

What kind of mouthpiece should I use for a bugle horn?
My guess would be that a cornet mouthpiede would fit better. I would take it to a music store and try fitting mouthpieces to it. They might not want you blowing through them until you buy one, but they shouldn't object to trying the fit in your horn.


But I would not try a French horn mouthpiece or anything from another family. Good luck.
Reply:It's very unusual to find a bugle without a mouthpiece and sometimes the mouthpiece are kind of a special order deal. If the bugle will take a standard trumpet mouthpiece, you are in luck. If not, you will have to take it to your local music store and have them special order one for you. Make sure you have them put the mouthpiece in the bugle and test it before you pay, because they would love to sell you a few mouthpieces if they could, and if you take it home and try it out, they will seldom take it back (samitary issues you know)





You might also find a bugle moutpiece online, but then you have that whole return problem to deal with again.



skin tags

No comments:

Post a Comment